Benefits of Maltese Citizenship By Investment
Advantages of Maltese Passport through Investment
The Malta Citizenship by Investment Program, also known as the Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) is one of the most popular Citizenship by Investment programmes in Europe, as it comes with countless benefits.
As a Maltese national, one can to travel freely to more than 166 countries without applying for a VISA, including the USA and Canada – while as a resident, one is able to travel freely only in the Schengen area instead – which does not include UK and Ireland.
Investing in Malta to obtain the Maltese passport, Is it worth ?
Malta continues to attract foreign investors who are seeking the most ideal European solution for immigration purposes and the attainment of a second citizenship. Its accessions to the EU and the Schengen Area in 2004 and 2007 respectively, as well as its stability in the economic and political arenas, have contributed significantly to its development into a fine European destination for relocation.
Investors who gain Maltese citizenship by investment can benefit from all investment opportunities in Malta and throughout the EU which are open to Maltese and EU citizens. For the rest of their life. And they can also include children and parents in their application.
Benefits of getting a Maltese citizenship by investment program (MCBIP)?
- The process to get a Maltese Citizenship By Investment (MCBI) is truly fast and efficient, as the Citizenship is approved after only 4 months processing time.
- While you wait to get your Maltese Citizenship By Investment, you get your Schengen Residence status for 1 year prior to issue of passport, issued on application.
- The MIIP is the first EU-approved citizenship programme and it has so far granted access to the EU freedoms and Schengen mobility to many successful MIIP applicants and their families.
- Malta is recognized by EU Citizenship By Investment Programme – Visa-free travel to 168 destinations, including the US, Canada and UK
- Malta’s and recently Cyprus’ Citizenship by Investment Programme offer the right to its citizens to access to the USA and Canada without a VISA. This means that once you obtain your MCBI, you will not need to apply for any VISA and can enjoy VISA-free trips in those countries.
- Once you obtain Maltese Citizenship under MCBI, it is for life with no need of renewing it, as long as you obey to the rules.
- As a Maltese Citizen enjoy top-rated and free healthcare. Malta is rated as one of the best health systems in the world and has been ranked top 5 by the World Health Organization (WHO) report of medical systems worlwide.
- The healthcare in Malta is founded through national insurance and taxation, and citizens enjoy free medical services such as hospitalization, prescriptions, pregnancy, childbirth and treatments by specialists, thus covered by state fund.
- As a Maltese Citizen enjoy Free access to public schools for children living and University both in Malta and Goz with the MIIP
- Transport to and from school is free, as well as books and other school materials.
- The only thing parents will be reԛuested to purchase is the school uniform.
- The University of Malta is publicly funded and is also free for Maltese citizens – while tuiton fees for non-EU students is currently up to 20.000 euro.
- When enrolled in the University of Malta, naturalised Maltese citizens through the investment programme also enjoy a stipend and an allowance for academic-related expenditure.
Disclaimer: The communication herein is intended to convey general information only and not to provide legal advice or opinions. It should not be construed as, and should not be relied upon for, legal or tax advice in any particular circumstance or fact situation. The facts stated may not reflect the most current legal developments. No action should be taken in reliance on the information herein. Qualified legal practitioners should be contacted for professional legal advice on specific issues.