Budget-Friendly Vanuatu Citizenship
Budget-Friendly Citizenship: Finding the Most Economical Investment Option
- Vanuatu, a beautiful island nation in the South Pacific Ocean, offers a Citizenship by Investment Program for those seeking permanent residency. This program provides a path to citizenship for eligible individuals and their families through a detailed application process.
- In this blog post, we will outline the process of applying for Vanuatu citizenship, including the final stages of payment, swearing of an oath, and obtaining a certificate of citizenship and passport.
- Step 1: Preliminary Background Check of the Applicant
- The first step in obtaining Vanuatu citizenship is a preliminary background check conducted by DH (Designated Homeland). This check verifies the applicant’s identity, background, criminal records, and financial records. The purpose is to ensure eligibility for citizenship. The background check typically takes about a week to complete.
- Step 2: File Preparation for Submission to COS
- Once the background check is completed and the applicant is deemed eligible, a file is prepared for submission to COS (Citizenship Office of Vanuatu). This file contains all the necessary information and documents, such as personal details, passport copies, and proof of income and financial stability. The file preparation process takes about a week.
- Step 3: Payment of Government and Discus Fees
- After the file is prepared, the next step is to make the payment of government and Discus fees. These fees cover the cost of processing the citizenship application. Prompt payment is essential to avoid delays. The payment process should be completed promptly.
- Step 4: Preliminary Background Check by the Government Financial Intelligence Unit
- Once the government and Discus fees are paid, the applicant’s file undergoes a preliminary background check by the Government Financial Intelligence Unit (GFIU). This check verifies the financial stability and background of the applicant, ensuring no involvement in illegal activities or financial crimes. The GFIU check usually takes about a week.
- Step 5: Tentative Approval of the Application
- Upon completion of the GFIU check, the applicant’s file is reviewed, and tentative approval is given if all eligibility criteria are met. The final decision on citizenship will be made after the completion of the final processing of the application.
- Step 6: Final Processing of the Application
- The final processing of the application involves a thorough review of the applicant’s file to ensure all required documents and information are submitted and eligibility criteria are met. This step is typically completed within two weeks from the time of tentative approval.
- Step 7: Final Decision on the Awarding of Citizenship
- After the final processing of the application, the final decision on the awarding of citizenship is made. This decision is based on the background check results, financial stability, and eligibility criteria. The final decision usually takes between three to four weeks.
- Step 8: Payment of the Government Donation (Weeks 4-6)
- Upon approval, the applicant must pay a government donation to become a citizen of Vanuatu. This one-time fee supports social and economic development projects in the country. The donation amount varies based on the number of family members included in the application, typically ranging from $130,000 to $160,000. The donation must be paid in full within six weeks of receiving the approval letter.
- Step 9: Swearing of Oath at Diplomatic Missions of Vanuatu (Week 7)
- After the government donation is paid, the applicant must swear an oath of allegiance to Vanuatu. This oath can be taken at a Vanuatu diplomatic mission or in Vanuatu itself. The oath ceremony is a simple process, formalizing the commitment to Vanuatu and adherence to its laws.
- Step 10: Obtaining Certificate of Citizenship and Vanuatu Passport (Week 7 or 8)
- Following the oath ceremony, the applicant receives a certificate of citizenship from the Vanuatu government. This certificate serves as official proof of citizenship status and is required for applying for a Vanuatu passport. The passport application process is straightforward and typically takes about one week after receiving the certificate of citizenship.
- It’s important to note that there may be additional fees associated with obtaining a Vanuatu passport, so it’s advisable to check with the relevant authorities for the most up-to-date information.
- The process of applying for Vanuatu citizenship is designed to be as convenient as possible for eligible individuals and families. From the payment of the government donation to the swearing of an oath and obtaining a certificate of citizenship and passport, the final stages of the application process aim to ensure a smooth and seamless transition to a new life as a citizen of Vanuatu.
- Whether you’re seeking an escape from city life or a new adventure, Vanuatu offers an ideal destination for those looking for a fresh start.
- If you’re considering applying for Vanuatu citizenship, it’s recommended to consult with a reputable immigration lawyer or specialist who can guide you through the process and provide you with personalized advice based on your specific circumstances.
- With the right guidance and understanding of the requirements, you can navigate the application process successfully and achieve your goal of obtaining citizenship in Vanuatu.
Join Our Newsletter