FAQs for Residence in Malta
FAQs for Residence in Malta Through Contribution
Indefinite Residence in Malta Through Contribution
The Republic of Malta is an EU member country located in the center of the Mediterranean.
- Since 2004, Malta is a member of the European Union and since 2007 is part of the Schengen area, in addition to this it is a part of the British Commonwealth.
- The perfect combination of political and economic stability puts Malta on a par with major European countries.
- Economic growth was 5% in 2019; the country’s credit rating is A with a positive outlook. The base currency is the Euro.
- A warm Mediterranean climate, clean environment, a high level of safety, and excellent infrastructure make Malta a great place to relax and live. And tax relief for residents gives a significant advantage to business operations and capital allocation.
- The Malta Permanent Residence Program requires an Applicant to make a significant economic commitment to Malta.
- In exchange and subject to stringent vetting and due diligence procedures, including thorough background checks, the applicants and their families are granted permanent residency in Malta according to the Maltese Immigration Act (Cap. 217 of the Laws of Malta). Under License AKM-DALL-21
What does the status of an indefinite resident of Malta offer?
- Freedom of movement in the Schengen countries
- With Indefinite residence in Malta, you will be able to travel around the Schengen area visa-free.
- A safe place to live for you and your loved ones
- You and your family may permanently reside in Malta and have the opportunity at any time to travel throughout the EU without visas and permits.
- The lack of taxation on private income derived outside Malta
- Only after being a tax resident, do you have to pay tax in Malta however capital gain tax arising outside Malta will remain non-taxable even if received in Malta.
- Tranquillity and confidence in the future
- As a permanent resident, you are not required to live continuously in Malta, you may travel as you like, without any physical stay requirements or confusing residency renewal procedures.
- Give yourself and your family a whole new level of living comfort and traveling in Europe.
Which persons have the right to participate in the Malta Residence & Visa Program:
- the main Applicant
- husband/wife / civil partner
- children up to 18 years without any restrictions (including the children from another marriage of each)
- children over 18 years without any restrictions, if they are dependent on the Investor and are not married
- parents* of the Investor and the parents of the husband/wife of the Investor
- grandparents* of the investor and grandparents of the husband/wife of the Investor
* Parents and grandparents have the right to participate in the program if they are dependent on the Investor.
What are the Advantages of the Residence in Malta Through Contribution?
- The accelerated process of obtaining permanent residency
- Obtaining of resident status by all family members at once, including parents and grandparents for a lifetime
- The minimum number of days to be spent in Malta is not specified
- Low cost of processing
- Government bond investment is not required anymore
- Ability to travel in the Schengen-zone visa-free
- Application with a civil partner is also acceptable in Malta
What are the Conditions of participation in the Malta Permanent Residence Program are regulated by Legal Notice 121 of 202?
- 1 – Full contribution option
- Contribution €98,000
- Donation to NGO €2,000
- Property rental per year in South Malta or Gozo: €10,000
- Property rental per year in Malta: €12,000
- 2 – Reduced contribution option
- Contribution €68,000
- Donation to NGO €2,000
- Buying a property in South Malta or Gozo: €300,000
- Buying a property in Malta: €350,000
- Additional government contributions
- €7,500 for the spouse and each dependent parent or grandparent
- €5,000 for each dependent adult child
What are the Necessary documents for participation in the Malta Permanent Residence Program?
- valid foreign passport;
- birth certificate;
- marriage certificate (if applicable);
- existing resident cards or identity cards issued by third countries;
- an obligation that other qualifying requirements will be completed;
- health certificate;
- a certificate from the Maltese police, as well as a certificate from the police, issued by the competent authorities of the country of origin as well as the country or countries of residence where the Applicant has resided for more than six months during the last ten years;
- affidavit of support for each dependent over the age of eighteen;
- confirmation of the availability of funds (bank statements, proof of income, investments, etc.);
- officially certified translations of any documents that have been issued not in English.
What is The process of Maltese residency?
- filing of an application for residency in Malta by the authorized agent with a non-refundable payment of €10,000
- payment of legal and administrative fees
- preparation of the Application
- filing of an application for residency in Malta by the authorized agent
- four-tier due diligence check of the applicant and all dependents
- decision on the Application for residency in Malta
- payment of the contribution to the State Fund of Malta (after a positive decision) (€68,000 / €98,000)
- meeting the requirements of participation in the program: the purchase or lease of real estate in Malta and compulsory donation to a Maltese NGO (€2,000)
- a visit to Malta for biometric data submission
- obtaining of residency cards (valid for 5 years) from an authorized company
- selling of real estate or ending mandatory rental of the property after 5 years
- Lifetime residency in Malta for you and your family
In case of a positive decision on granting the status of an Investor Resident in Malta in the first phase, and, if they meet the necessary criteria, the next steps are guaranteed by the state.
Are you interested in the Malta Permanent Residence Program?
Contact us for a Free Evaluation & Consultation to discuss detailed Application, Procedure, Documentation and Cost Estimate.
Call us on +91 8850318060
Obtain residency or citizenship in as little as 60-120 days**
Please send us an email: email@example.com for a free brochure.