Step-by-step procedure for obtaining the Greece Golden Visa by purchasing real estate
- The Greece Golden Visa program is a residency-by-investment program that offers non-EU citizens the opportunity to obtain a five-year residency permit in Greece by investing in real estate.
- This program was launched in 2013 to boost the Greek economy and has been successful in attracting foreign investors from all over the world. The Greece Golden Visa is particularly attractive for individuals who wish to travel within the Schengen zone and have the option of making Greece their second home.
- In this blog post, we will explore the step-by-step procedure for obtaining the Greece Golden Visa by purchasing real estate. We will also provide an overview of the eligibility criteria for the program and explain the real estate purchase requirements.
- To be eligible for the Greece Golden Visa, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Non-EU Citizen: The applicant must be a non-EU citizen.
- Real Estate Investment: The applicant must make an investment in real estate property in Greece. The minimum investment amount is €250,000.
- Clear Criminal Record: The applicant and their family members must have a clear criminal record.
- Health Insurance: The applicant and their family members must have health insurance coverage in Greece.
- Financial Stability: The applicant must demonstrate that they have the financial means to support themselves and their family members while in Greece.
Real Estate Purchase Requirements
- The most important requirement for obtaining the Greece Golden Visa is making a real estate investment. Here are the requirements for purchasing real estate:
- Minimum Investment Amount: The minimum investment amount is €250,000. The investment can be made in one or multiple properties, as long as the total value of the properties is at least €250,000.
- Purchase Agreement: The applicant must sign a purchase agreement with the seller of the property. The agreement must include a provision that the transaction is subject to the issuance of the Golden Visa.
- Proof of Payment: The applicant must provide proof of payment for the real estate investment. This can be done by providing a bank transfer receipt or a receipt from the seller.
- Property Ownership: The applicant must prove that they own the property. This can be done by providing a property ownership certificate from the Greek Land Registry.
- Property Evaluation: The property must be evaluated by a certified appraiser to determine its value. The appraiser’s report must be submitted with the Golden Visa application.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Obtaining the Greece Golden Visa by Purchasing Real Estate
- Step 1: Choose a Property
- Research available properties in Greece and select one or multiple properties that meet the program’s minimum investment requirements.
- Work with a reputable real estate agent or lawyer to ensure the property meets the necessary requirements.
- Step 2: Secure Financing (if necessary)
- If you require financing, secure it before proceeding with the application process for the Golden Visa.
- Greek banks may offer financing to non-residents, but it is important to compare rates and terms.
- Step 3: Obtain a Greek Tax ID Number
- Obtain a Greek tax identification number at a tax office in Greece or through a Greek consulate or embassy in your home country.
- Provide a passport or other government-issued ID, as well as proof of your residential address.
- Step 4: Sign a Purchase Agreement
- Sign a purchase agreement with the seller, outlining the terms of the sale.
- Have the agreement reviewed by a lawyer before signing to ensure it is fair and legally binding.
- Step 5: Transfer Funds to Greece
- Transfer funds to a Greek bank account using a wire transfer or other secure payment method.
- Keep records of all transactions and obtain receipts or other documentation to prove the funds were transferred legally.
- Step 6: Register the Property
- Register the property with the Greek land registry, using a lawyer or notary public.
- Submit the purchase agreement, proof of payment, and other necessary documentation.
- Ensure the property is registered properly and receive a copy of the registration documents.
- Step 7: Apply for the Greece Golden Visa
- Submit an application form for the Greece Golden Visa, along with proof of ownership of the property and other necessary documentation.
- The application can be submitted in person at a Greek consulate or embassy, or online through the Greek government’s e-visa portal.
Tips for a Successful Application
- Conduct Thorough Research
- Research the Greece Golden Visa program thoroughly to understand its requirements and benefits.
- Consult with professionals who specialize in residency-by-investment programs to avoid potential pitfalls.
- Work with Experienced Professionals
- Engage the services of experienced professionals, such as real estate agents, lawyers, and financial advisors, who have a proven track record of helping clients obtain the Greece Golden Visa.
- Verify the credentials and experience of the professionals you choose to work with.
- Prepare and Organize Documentation
- Ensure that all required documents are complete, accurate, and up to date.
- Organize your documentation in a clear and logical manner to make it easier for the reviewing authorities to process your application.
- Monitor the Application Process
- Stay informed about the progress of your application and follow up with the relevant authorities if needed.
- Respond promptly to any requests for additional information or clarification from the authorities.
- Plan for the Future
- Consider the long-term implications of obtaining the Greece Golden Visa, such as tax and inheritance planning.
- Develop a plan for maintaining your investment in Greece and complying with the program’s requirements over time.
- In conclusion, the Greece Golden Visa program offers a valuable opportunity for non-EU citizens to establish a second home in Greece and enjoy the benefits of visa-free travel within the Schengen zone.
- Obtaining the Greece Golden Visa by purchasing real estate can be a complex process, but it offers many benefits for individuals and families seeking to establish a second residency or citizenship.
- By carefully following the step-by-step procedure outlined in this article and working with experienced professionals, you can successfully navigate the process and obtain the Greece Golden Visa through real estate investment.
- As you embark on this journey, keep in mind the tips for a successful application and always plan for the future to ensure that you continue to enjoy the benefits of the program.
Join Our Newsletter