CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM OF ST. KITTS AND NEVIS
St. Kitts and Nevis is a federation consisting of two islands, located in the Leeward Islands in the Eastern Caribbean. This idyllic setting has earned the islands a reputation as the back garden of North America. Tourism is the main pillar industry.
In addition, St. Kitts and Nevis is also known as the world’s offshore financial center and tax haven. St. Kitts and Nevis is a member of the Caribbean Community, the Organization of American States and the Commonwealth.
According to The Saint Christopher (St. Kitts) and Nevis Citizenship Act, 1984, Part II, Section 3 (5), foreigners who have
made significant economic contributions to the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis shall be granted the civic rights of the
As of January 2012, the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis has increased investment amount. To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under its Citizenship-by-Investment Program, there are 2 options:
1. A non-refundable charitable donation of at least US$250,000 to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF)
plus payment of processing fees.
2. A designated recoverable real estate Investment approved by the government with a value of at least US$400,000 plus
payment of various registration and other fees.
Note: The real estate option is a recoverable investment, however, you can only sell your property after 5 years. The passport issued is valid for 10 years, and can be renewed thereafter.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. No criminal record.
3. Pass the due diligence of the Citizenship by Investment Unit.
Advantages of the Programme
- Fast Naturalization: Citizenship is approved quickly, within 4-6 months.
- Investment Type: Low investment amount with appreciation potential. The investment can be sold after 5 years but
citizenship is permanent.
- Flexible Requirements: No language, education or management experience requirements and no need to prove
source of funds.
- No Residence Requirement: No residence requirements, and no need to enter during the application.
- Family Immigration: The whole family (applicant, spouse, children, parents and grandparents) obtain citizenship at
the same time.
- World Citizen: A St. Kitts and Nevis passport allows visa-free travel to more than 150 countries (including the UK, all
the EU countries and all Schengen countries).
- Tax Haven: No income, capital gains or wealth tax. Citizens pay no tax on income, interest, gifts, inheritance and
property outside of St. Kitts and Nevis.
- Financial Planning: Establishing offshore accounts and offshore companies can assist in transnational financing and
- Quality Education: With foreign citizenship, children have easier access to international schools in China and elite
schools all over the world.
- Privacy Protection: St. Kitts and Nevis allows dual citizenship. There is no need to inform the country of origin and
the applicant’s privacy is protected.
- Security and Stability: St. Kitts and Nevis has the most stable investment immigration program in the world, which
has been operating successfully for over 30 years.
Disclaimer: The communication herein is intended to convey general information only and not to provide legal advice or opinions. It should not be construed as, and should not be relied upon for, legal or tax advice in any particular circumstance or fact situation. The facts stated may not reflect the most current legal developments. No action should be taken in reliance on the information herein. Qualified legal practitioners should be contacted for professional legal advice on specific issues.